Another Wildfire Season Is Upon Us
Wildfires can ruin homes and businesses, and can cause injuries or deaths to people and animals. Wildfires can happen anywhere and anytime, and risk increases during periods of little rain and high winds. Wildfires cost billions of dollars every year.
Now that Wildfire Season is upon us all, SERVPRO of East Clackamas, Hood River & Wasco Counties would like to remind our neighbors of these Wildfire related tips;
IF YOU ARE UNDER A WILDFIRE WARNING, GET TO SAFETY RIGHT AWAY
- If told to leave, do so.
- If trapped, call 911
- Listen for emergency information and alerts
- Use "N95" masks to keep particles out of the air you breathe
WHAT TO DO NOW : PREPARE
- Sign up for your communities warning system
- Know your communities evacuation plans and find several ways to leave the area
- Gather emergency supplies - keep in mind each persons needs, including medications and important documents. Don't forget the needs of pets
- Keep important documents in a safe, fireproof place
- Use fire resistant materials to build, renovate, or make repairs
- Identify an outdoor water source with a hose that can reach your property
- Create a fire resistant zone around your home free of flammable materials at least 30 feet from your home
- Review insurance policies to make sure your coverage is adequate
WHAT TO DO AFTER : BE SAFE
- Listen to authorities to find out when it is safe to return
- Avoid hot ash, charred trees, smoldering debris, and live embers
- Send text messages or use social media to reach out to family and friends. Phone systems are often busy following a disaster - make only emergency calls
- Wear a NIOSH certified respirator / dust mask and wet down debris to prevent breathing dust particles
- Document property damage with photographs. Conduct an inventory and contact your insurance company for claims handling
About SERVPRO of East Clackamas, Hood River & Wasco Counties
SERVPRO of East Clackamas, Hood River, & Wasco Counties specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial properties after a fire, smoke, or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO's corporate training facility to specific IICRC Industry Certifications, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge and skill to restore your property.
SERVPRO is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
SERVPRO of East Clackamas, Hood River & Wasco Counties is available 24 hours a day for any emergency, large or small. When you are experiencing property damage, immediate action is crucial - a delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of damage to your property.